Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Faux Mother of Pearl

I'm finally getting around to posting the last cards I designed for the June Technique class. I'm having so much fun finding techniques and trying them out! If you live near me I'd love to have you at my next class- just let me know if you'd like to attend.

For June the first technique we did was Faux Mother of Pearl. This is a fun technique that I'd never tried before. I learned about this technique in my monthly magazine that I get from Stampin' Up-- one of the perks of being a demonstrator, you get this cool magazine that is filled with ideas each month!

I used the On the Grow Stamp set -- I've mostly used the scooter from this set in previous cards but I thought the vase of flowers would be perfect for this technique.

It's hard to see in the photo but this shimmers really nicely in person. We stamped the flower image over our Faux mother of pearl technique square but you could punch out a shape instead too… I've seen some cool samples of flowers made from it but haven't had a chance to try it myself yet.

Here's a close-up. You can see the shimmer a little better in this pic:




Thanks for reading- Have a great day!


stamps: On the Grow
ink: Staz-On Black, Baja Breeze
paper: Baja Breeze, pear pizazz, whisper white, crumb cake, rich razzleberry
other: Scallop trim border punch, lattice texture embossing folder, top not die, big shot, shimmer paint, seam binding ribbon in Baja breeze




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails